Ever since I tried Trek‘s delicious flapjacks, I have been determined to create my own version to share with all of you. With the help of my not so secret favourite ingredient – lotus spread – which basically makes everything better, I have created these little bites of yumminess ▽▼▽▼▽.
I’m seriously so addicted to these delicious little treats and they’ve also been a big hit in my uni flat so I’m sure you guys are going to love them too! I’m off to make another batch of these babies for my road-trip home this weekend, so here’s the recipe, hope you all love them as much as I do!
- 4 cups oats
- 2 cups non-dairy margarine
- 1 cup demerara sugar
- 1 cup molasses sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons lotus spread (optional, but SO worth it)
- 1 bar of dark vegan chocolate
- Put the oats + butter in a bowl and mix together with your hands
- Add in the sugar, golden syrup + lotus spread and mix in with your hands
- Spread mixture into a rectangle on a baking tray covered in baking paper
- Cook in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 30 minutes
- Using a sharp knife, slice into smaller rectangles
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 1.5 minutes or until melted
- Using a knife drizzle the chocolate over the top of the flapjacks and leave to cool
- Enjoy your delicious little treats!
Check out the 2 minute video below if you’d like to follow along with me to see how easy it is to make these delicious little treats ▽▼▽▼▽