After drooling over countless vegan ice-cream jars on instagram, I finally created my own nicecream recipe tonight, and guys, it is seriously delicious! Chocolate nicecream, where have you been all my life?! This recipe only requires 3 simple ingredients and is so much healthier (and in my opinion yummier) than dairy ice-cream. I absolutely love raw vegan desserts, as you experience all the deliciousness of a traditional dessert whilst also benefitting from lots of goodness, such as the protein and antioxidants in raw cacao and the mood-lifting properties of bananas. What more could you want in a delicious treat? So here it is, my raw vegan chocolate and banana nicecream, I think you all are going to love it!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 and a half tablespoons of raw organic cacao powder (I use this one)
- Optional: berries to use as a topping
- Peel bananas, chop into small chunks & freeze for at least 2 hours
- Place bananas in the blender with the cacao and almond milk
- Blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth
- Serve either on its own or topped with berries & enjoy!