Since going vegan, I have been asked by so many people why I chose this lifestyle. There have been a lot of these moments…
However, it has also got me thinking. I’m always taken a little off guard and never know what to say when I’m asked this question, so I normally end up mumbling something about loving animals. The truth is, whilst my love for animals is my primary reason, I didn’t realise how many other amazing reasons I have until I started writing them all down. I thought it’d be fun to share my top 10 with you all, and also to maybe have somewhere to refer people to next time I get asked the question ;)…
My Top 10 Reasons for being Vegan
1. I have always loved animals, and this George Bernard Shaw quote pretty much sums it up
2. Animals are all sentient beings and I don’t believe that any of them have less of a right to live than I do
3. Esther the wonder pig is so awesome and has shown us just how similar pigs can be to the dogs we love and share our homes with
7. Amazing people who I really admire, like Alicia Silverstone are great examples of how rewarding a vegan lifestyle can be
9. I get to connect with like minded people and hopefully inspire people to live a kinder life through my vegan blog
10. And if all of that isn’t convincing enough, who am I to argue with a genius?!
I’d love to hear what made you decide to go vegetarian/ vegan in the comments box below this post?