Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been a while, I have been insanely busy at work these past few weeks so haven’t had much time to do anything other than work, sleep or eat – oh what an envious life I lead! However, to make up for my lack of posting, I am coming at you with a delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe today. These little bites of yumminess have kept me going over the past couple of weeks – I ate seven on Friday, yes you read that right, seven – I know, I know I’m an animal, but they’re seriously that good, plus I’m a major comfort eater! TMI? ANYWAY, everyone who has tried them, vegan or not, have loved them so I thought it was only fair that I shared the recipe with you guys.
- 1 cup molasses sugar
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 bar of dark vegan chocolate
- icing sugar and a love heart stencil to decorate the cookies (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 250°c
- Mix together the sugar and margarine until smooth
- Add in the almond milk and stir until the milk has combined with the mixture
- Add in the flour and baking soda and stir until well mixed
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks
- Add in the oatmeal, chocolate chunks and cacao and stir
- Spoon small balls of the mixture onto a baking tray covered in baking paper and flatten
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes or until done
- Place the love heart stencil on top of each cookie and sprinkle icing sugar on top
- Finally, leave them to cool for 10 minutes, then enjoy your yummy cookies!
Now that I’m back at university, I’m enjoying having a lot more time to cook and experiment with recipes. One of my favourite dinners that has become a staple over the past couple of weeks is Skinny chips and salad as it is so quick and easy to cook, as well as being super yummy!
I love the homemade chips from this meal as not only are they skinny in appearance but also in that they have way less fat that regular chips. As I’ve been eating this meal a lot recently, I decided to mix things up and add some carrot ‘chips’ into the mix… they were a little unusual but definitely a great addition to the meal.
I wanted to share this recipe with you all and hope you love it as much as I do!
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 squeeze of lemon
Ground black pepper
Choice of salad (my favourites are onions, mushrooms, lettuce & beetroot)
Olive oil cooking spray (I use Fry light)
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees
- Peel the potatoes and carrot and then cut them into long thin slices
- Cover a baking tray in grease proof paper and place the sliced potatoes and carrots on it ensuring they don’t overlap so that they are all able to cook properly
- Cover with approximately 6 sprays of olive oil cooking spray, then sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper on top
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and turn each chip over (this is the most tedious part of cooking this meal – sorry guys; the yumminess is so worth it though!)
- Put back into the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes
- Whilst the chips are cooking, mash 1 avocado & squeeze a little lemon on top along with some group black pepper and paprika
- Remove the chips from the oven and serve with the mashed avocado and salad of your choice
- ENJOY! (Or if you’re anything like me, take a couple of pictures first ;))
If you do make this meal I’d love to hear from you/ see a picture so please do get in touch.
Have a lovely day,