I have always loved lotus biscuits (you know, those little biscuits you get given with coffee) so when I found out that Lotus had brought out a spread I was beyond excited! If, unlike me, you have more self respect than to sit at the back of your lecture theatre dipping lotus biscuits into lotus spread, then I’ve created 2 mouth watering recipes for you to enjoy this delicious spread:
1. LOTUS SPREAD SMOOTHIE
Ingredients: 3 bananas, 1 tablespoon lotus spread, 1 cup almond milk & one handful ice.
Instructions: chop bananas into chunks, place all ingredients into blender, then blend for one minute or until smooth & enjoy!
2. LOTUS SPREAD CUPCAKES
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups almond milk (/other non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer
- Lotus spread
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Mix flour, almond milk, brown sugar, baking powder and egg replacer together
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until brown on top
- Leave cakes to stand for 10 minutes
- Decorate cakes with lotus spread
Have any of you tried lotus spread, if so what do you think?