For my second Halloween recipe of the week, I am so excited to share with you all a recipe that I created for the University of Exeter Veggie Society website: The Halloween Pumpkin Smoothie.
I absolutely loved creating this recipe as it involved one of my all time favourite Halloween activities – pumpkin carving! Despite creating this recipe a week before Halloween, I got waaaay into the halloween spirit and put my cat ears on which I absolutely love by the way (you can purchase these from New Look here).
So once you’ve finished carving your pumpkin, this yummy 2 layered smoothie is a great way to make use of the stringy innards of the pumpkin that normally get thrown away. I hope you enjoy this autumnal recipe as much as I do. Let me know in the comments below if you have any creative ways that you like to make use of your leftover pumpkin goo!
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 table spoons maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 /2 an apple
- 1 tea spoon cinnamon
- For the first layer of the smoothie: place 2 bananas, the stringy innards of the pumpkin, 1 table spoon of maple syrup, 1/2 cup of water and 1 tea spoon of cinnamon into the blender and blend until smooth (this usually takes around 30 seconds in mine).
- Pour into your smoothie jar and leave to stand.
- For the second layer of the smoothie: place 1 banana, 1/2 an apple, 1 table spoon of maple syrup and 1/2 cup of water into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the second layer of smoothie on top of the first in your smoothie jar.
- Enjoy your Halloween Pumpkin Smoothie!
Cute pics! Smoothie looks amazing, too ❤
Thank you – it is definitely one of my new favourites! Xx
Oh man, this looks awesome! I make a mean spinach dip that is always a big hit. This year, I decided to put a Halloween spin on it for a Halloween party we were hosting: http://sweetseatstreats.wordpress.com/2014/11/09/classic-creamy-spinach-dip/